John Dewey School for Children
We are a caring school community which aims not just for our students to excel in their academic pursuits but likewise in their social undertakings. We hope to forge partnership with parents in the holistic education of their child. With home and school working together, every child's academic, physical and socio-emotional skills will be honed even further.
John Dewey School's Brand of Progressive Education
- Low student-teacher ratio (15-20 in a class)
- Holistic learning (targets not just intellectual but also physical, emotional and social development of each child)
- Develops students' higher order thinking skills (stresses on the honing of the students' analytical, critical, creative, and problem-solving skills)
- More in-depth learning of topics
- Makes use of varied ways of learning such as the use of technology, field visits, learning from experts in the different fields, research projects, etc.
- Promotes collaboration rather than competition
- Implements high-quality academic programs: Singapore Math, Singapore Science, Socio-Emotional Learning, IT Education, Visual Art, Music (Theory, Voice, Playing Musical Instruments and Choir), Theater, Health, and Physical Education (includes Dance and Sports).
WHY JOIN US?
Are you looking for a fulfilling career as a teacher? John Dewey School for Children is looking for passionate teachers who will work with us to help achieve our goals:
- To provide a child-friendly and happy learning environment.
- To implement child-centered and experience-based curriculum with emphasis on Reading, Writing and Math.
- To use information communication as a learning tool.
- To enhance communication, problem solving and higher-order thinking skills.
- To offer opportunities for children to practice pro-social skills with respect for individual differences and cultural diversity.
- To develop in children a strong sense of country by exposing them to Filipino culture.
- To foster a healthy home-school partnership.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle among children and their families.
- To provide students with opportunities to enhance community life by engaging in v oluntary work.
If you have a passion for teaching and you love children as much as we do, then you might just be the teacher that we are looking for!